Be comfortable. Be confident.
We’re here to do the tough sledding (that’s your tax planning, compliance, and preparation)—but we enjoy it and strive to make domestic, state, local, and international tax planning, compliance, and preparation the opposite of intimidating.
Our seasoned tax experts slice through complexities for you, revealing opportunities and minimizing risk. Our strategy revolves around planning that takes both your current and future needs into account.
- 01. Cost Segregation
- 02. Expatriate Tax Services
- 03. International
- 04. Legacy Planning
- 05. State & Local Tax
- 06. Transaction Advisory Services
Let’s get close. We want to know everything about you.
That’s how we bring ideas, approaches, and value that might otherwise be missed. This is no seasonal band-aid; we will nurture and refine your tax strategy through all the ups and downs of your entire personal or Business Lifecycle.
And if you have particularly knotty challenges—like international, multistate, and sales use tax issues—we have the sophisticated resources to handle them.
Provide planning and structure that best serve your tax situation now and in the future
Ensure seamless interaction with our audit service team as we perform tax compliance and planning services
Assist you in any dispute with the IRS or state authorities and endeavor to prevail on your behalf
Be your advocate: We will seek out all reasonable planning and filing positions to allow you to minimize your overall tax exposure within your range of risk tolerance
Research unusual tax issues to find the legal course that will result in the appropriate tax treatment based on facts and law
Tax Planning & Compliance
Preparing and filing your annual tax returns (business or personal) are the most basic requirements for tax compliance, but “basic” doesn’t mean “simple.”
Tax laws change and multiply every year, complicating an already cumbersome process. Leave it to us.
We can help you with:
- Portland/Multnomah county tax planning
- Multistate income & franchise, nexus, & sales tax issues
- Washington B&O tax planning
- Related party transaction planning
- Executive compensation
- Research credit claims
- Cost segregation & fixed asset planning
- Merger & acquisition issues
- Entity structuring
- Tax accounting method options
- International operations
How do your business decisions affect your federal tax liability? What can you do to address federal tax issues proactively? How will new developments affect your existing tax structure?
Huddle with your Perkins federal tax experts and emerge with custom-fit, smart solutions.
Our federal tax service areas include:
- Business start-up issues, entity selection, & location analysis
- Consulting on federal tax matters for S and C corporations, partnerships/LLCs & their owners
- Tax accounting method changes
- Due diligence & tax consulting for acquisition or sale of business
- Overseas expansion consulting
- Private letter rulings
- Audit defense & appeals representation
- Net operating loss carryback
- Tax credit maximization
State and local tax
We’ll help you improve efficiencies and streamline processes with the latest technology and our proven expertise.
Our state and local tax services include:
- Preparing state and local income and franchise tax returns
- Performing income and sales tax nexus studies to ensure compliance is met in all state and local jurisdictions
- Assisting with sales and use and transaction taxes
- Consulting on state and local tax ramifications of reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence
- Management and defense of examinations by state and local government authorities
- Assisting with state and local tax credits and incentives
We tackle the details.
- 01. Cost Segregation
- 02. Exempt Organizations
- 03. Transfer Pricing
U.S. Inbound & Outbound Business
International Estate Planning
U.S. Real Property Investment
U.S. Estate Tax for Foreign Investors
Accounting for Income Taxes
Research & Development Tax Credits
Gain Deferral Strategies
Our 1:6 ratio means more 1:1
Our ratio of executive team shareholders to staff is unusually low for a full-service regional firm: 1:6 or lower, depending on the service or industry practice group. It means you get the direct, involved attention of our top talent from day one. They proactively offer you strategy, feedback, and ideas all along the way.
Don't take our word for it
“Perkins has the brightest, most attentive associates I’ve had the pleasure to work with. They are proactive when it comes to tax planning, thorough in their reviews, extremely knowledgeable, willing to help, and most importantly, they take the time to understand intricacies and specifics of our businesses.”
“I love the relationship that we have with Perkins. Top to bottom, the organization is so professional, knowledgeable and genuinely seems to look out for my/our wellbeing. A true partner in every sense.”
Multnomah County Ballot Measure 26-238: Eviction Representation for All
Perkins was recently engaged to provide tax analysis on the proposed Multnomah County ballot measure 26-238 set to be voted...Read more
Washington’s New Capital Gains Tax Is Being Enforced
The 2021 Washington State Legislature enacted a new 7% excise tax on long-term capital gains, effective for sales or exchanges...Read more
Delaware Corporations: Annual Report and Franchise Tax Filing Requirement Due by March 1
Is your business incorporated in the state of Delaware? If so, you are required to file an annual report and...Read more