Ready for your close up? We prepare you from every angle.
Too often, compliance, reporting, and controls issues take root while other business needs take precedence.
If this sounds familiar, don’t worry. Our risk management team has the experience and agility to jump into the gap.
At your signal, we provide risk-based internal audits and business controls services to help you ensure practical IT governance, risk management, and compliance.
What makes us your best bet for risk management?
Not only is Perkins an independent third party, but we are a CPA firm licensed with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
Our licensed CPAs and CISAs (IT auditors) fearlessly identify and scrutinize every key risk to assist you in developing a plan to mitigate those risks.
Enterprise Risk Management & Internal Audit Services
Corporate governance assessment & design
Enterprise risk assessment
Institute of Internal Auditors Quality Assessment Reviews (IIA QAR)
Internal audit start-up & transformation
Outsourcing & co-sourcing internal audits, including IT audit services
Risk management maturity & performance assessment
Rest easy; we've got this.
Help you balance risk management priorities with critical business initiatives
Advise you on ways to enhance security, efficiency, and accuracy
Help you build an internal control structure that protects your bottom line and provides assurance to your stakeholders
Identify sources of existing problems and resolve issues
Anticipate problems and put mechanisms in place to prevent them
Ensure you have access to and really get to know your Perkins team for well-rounded service and timely support
Maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Service Organization Control Reports
Nothing builds trust in service delivery processes and controls like a report by an independent Certified Public Accountant. We can help you inspire that confidence with Service Organization Controls (SOC) reports (formerly known as SAS 70), whether your organization operates information systems or provides information system services to other entities. Each type of SOC report is designed to help service organizations meet specific user needs.
- SOC 1 / SSAE 16
- SOC 2 / Trust Services
- SOC 2 / Microsoft Data Protection Requirements – Generally Accepted Privacy Principles
- SOC 3 / SysTrust for Service Organizations
- Readiness Assessments
Getting the right level of support is half the battle. Our experienced team can assist you or perform compliance procedures for you.
We’ll gladly use your existing SOX software and tools—no pressure to move to another system. You’ll receive best practice recommendations on how to:
- Craft the right size SOX into a sustainable compliance project
- Integrate entity level, business process and IT controls to make the most of key controls
- Maximize external auditor reliance on internal testing to reduce redundancy
- Identify areas of potential misstatement for focused key control design and testing
Need help establishing or improving internal audit functions? Our methodologies, technology, and experienced professionals give you the confidence to deliver a proactive, risk-based function.
Here are some of Perkins team advantages:
- Our team includes experienced internal auditors certified by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- We understand co-sourcing and staff augmentation
- We speak tech as well as finance: from the audit committee to the IT programmers, our team streamlines communication with all levels (and personalities)
- We specialize in internal audits for the high-tech, retail, and entrepreneurial business community
- We can reveal the big-picture view of what’s working (or not) in your organization’s IA functions
You know the dilemma: the same IT automation that streamlines processes and costs can also introduce new vulnerabilities to your business. And the more you grow, the more you need strategic data and process management to protect your customer and company information. We can:
- Identify and reduce IT-related security and privacy risks
- Advise on IT governance
- Suggest ways to minimize business risks
- Evaluate IT processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Design application and data controls
- Help you assess system vendors, choose software, and provide advice during implementation to maximize your likelihood of success
Our 1:6 ratio means more 1:1
Our ratio of executive team shareholders to staff is unusually low for a full-service regional firm: 1:6 or lower, depending on the service or industry practice group. It means you get the direct, involved attention of our top talent from day one. They proactively offer you strategy, feedback, and ideas all along the way.
Don't Take Our Word For It
“Perkins has the brightest, most attentive associates I’ve had the pleasure to work with. They are proactive when it comes to tax planning, thorough in their reviews, extremely knowledgeable, willing to help, and most importantly, they take the time to understand intricacies and specifics of our businesses.”
“I love the relationship that we have with Perkins. Top to bottom, the organization is so professional, knowledgeable and genuinely seems to look out for my/our wellbeing. A true partner in every sense.”