The Perkins & Company, P.C. Client Collaboration Portal provides Perkins & Company, P.C. Clients and authorized employees of our clients with access to information displayed on the portal sites for inquiries and deliveries of documents and communications for their account only. The information, documents and communications on the Perkins & Company, P.C. Client Collaboration Portal Sites are provided as a convenient resource to clients and may be used for informational purposes only for their account.
General Terms and Conditions of Use:
The Perkins & Co Client Collaboration Portal is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance of the terms, conditions and notices contained within the Perkins & Company, P.C. Client Collaboration Portal Access Agreement. By using the Perkins & Company, P.C. Client Collaboration Portal you agree to the terms and conditions of said agreement. If you are not a Perkins & Company, P.C. Client or authorized employee, any use by you of the Perkins & Company, P.C. Client Collaboration Portal is prohibited.
The complete Perkins & Company, P.C. Client Collaboration Portal Access Agreement is provided electronically on each client portal site and should be reviewed on a regular basis for revisions or additions.
What is Personal Information?
Your Personal Information will be protected and handled with consideration for its confidentiality and Perkins & Co will only disclose it as set out in the “To whom will we disclose your personal information?” section below.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Perkins & Co may collect Personal Information relating to you such as:
- contact details (such as work or home address, email and phone numbers)
- date of birth
- government identifiers (such as social security number and passport details)
- financial information
What Aggregated and Non-Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Site and the Services. We also may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer visitors to our Site to deliver targeted communications and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
When you visit the Site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to the Site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on the Site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on the Site or through our Services.
How do we collect Personal Information?
Perkins & Co may collect Personal Information about you in different ways:
- you may provide it directly to us
- we may obtain it because of the Services that Perkins provides or has previously provided
- we may receive it from third parties, such as your employer/partnership, or a tax authority and/or other relevant authority/administrative bodies
This Personal Information can be received in any manner, including in-person discussions, telephone conversations, and electronic or other written communications. Without access to all the Personal Information that we need, we may be unable to provide or complete the Services.
Disclosing Personal Information to us relating to third parties
Are Children Allowed to Use Our Site?
Our Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, or to sell products or services to children under the age of 13. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without obtaining the required parental consent. If we determine upon collection that users are under this age, we will not use or maintain their Personal Information without their parent’s or guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to remove this information from our database. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us by one of the following methods: (i) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (ii) by mail at 1211 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1000, Portland, Oregon 97204. We will review the request and respond promptly. We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Perkins & Co processes Personal Information about you to:
- establish or maintain our relationship with you
- provide Services to you and/or family member(s) or to the entity that has engaged us to provide the Services
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, Services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- tailor your user experience;
- develop and display third-party content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Site and other sites; and
- performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may also use your Personal Information for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- compliance with applicable legal, regulatory or professional requirements
- protecting our rights and/or property; and
- managing our business.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, invoices, subscriptions, or sales made on or through the Site or in connection with the Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
On what basis do we process Personal Information about you?
(a) where relevant, we have a contract with you to provide Services and processing your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of such contract
or (b) we have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information, which may be to:
- provide Services to you and/or to the entity that has engaged us to provide the Services;
- support the management of our client engagements;
- evaluate, develop or improve our Services or products; or
- protect our business interests.
or (c) we are subject to legal, regulatory or professional obligations.
To whom will we disclose your Personal Information?
- employees or contractors of Perkins & Co
- those with whom you have requested us to share information, such as your spouse or civil partner
- competent authorities, including courts and authorities regulating us to comply with legal, regulatory or professional obligations or requests
- third parties to whom we disclose information in the course of providing Services to you or to the entity that has engaged us to provide the Services; and
- we also may disclose your information to others for such reasons including:
- in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- when we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the terms and conditions that apply to our Site or other agreements or policies.
- in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Any future companies to whom we may work with will be consistent with our own privacy policies.
We may share aggregated and/or non-Personal Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Site, through the Services, and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-Personal Information we collect with additional non-Personal Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any Personal Information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Perkins & Co does not sell or lease your Personal Information to others.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Only authorized personnel, with appropriate awareness of privacy obligations, are provided access to your Personal Information. However, we are not insurers of the security of your personal information and we assume no liability for any disclosure due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
If we become aware of a security systems breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically using the contact information we have available so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Users should also be aware of how they handle and disclose their Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity-online-security for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
How long will we keep your information?
What are your rights in relation to your Personal Information?
You have various rights in relation to your Personal Information. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your Personal Information and request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you
- ask that we update the Personal Information we hold about you, or correct such information that you think is inaccurate or incomplete
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located, you may also have the right to:
- ask that we delete Personal Information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use your Personal Information
- object to our processing of your Personal Information
However, we may still retain a copy of the relevant information for as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws or professional standards, or as long as the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of our Services.
You can also choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Site and the Services because such information may be required in order for you to register, purchase products or services, participate in a survey, ask a question, or initiate other transactions on the Site or through the Services.
To exercise any of your rights or raise any questions that you have about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the details below.
Your California Privacy Rights
Effective January 1, 2005, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if an individual who is a California resident has provided Personal Information to a business in connection with a business relationship that is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, and if that business has within the immediately preceding calendar year disclosed such an individual’s Personal Information to a third party and knows or should have known that such third party used the information for its own direct marketing purposes, then that business is obligated to disclose in writing to such individual upon request, what Personal Information was shared and with whom it was shared.
Any request for a disclosure required under this California law should be sent to us via email or via regular mail at the addresses listed under the “Questions” section below.
Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the designated email or mailing address.
Terms Applicable to Data from EU Member Countries
We are based in the United States and the properties we own or operate are located in the United States. In most cases, the Personal Information we collect is stored and used in the United States. While we do not direct our services to residents of the European Union (EU), it is possible that EU residents may access and use the Sites.
If we collect Personal Information from EU residents in a manner subject to the General Data Protection Regulation then, in addition to the above, the following terms shall also apply to our collection, use, and retention of that information:
Basis for Collection: As set out above, we collect and process Personal Information for which you have given your express consent at the time of collection. We also collect and process Personal Information to order improve our services, to deliver services and perform obligations under contracts we have with you, and to comply with our own legal obligations.
Sensitive Data: We do not collect sensitive data, for example, biometric data, health data, or data revealing racial or ethnic origin, from visitors to the Site.
Authorized Transfer: We also may disclose Personal Information for other purposes or to other third parties when you have consented to or requested such disclosure. Please be aware that we will disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We are not liable for appropriate onward transfers of personal data to third parties.
Data Processors: We may retain third parties to process or analyze personal Information we collect from the Site. For example, a Site may be maintained or hosted by a third-party service provider, a promotion may be administered by a sales promotion agency, and/or products may be fulfilled by a wholesaler. These suppliers and other third parties who provide services for us are contractually obligated not to use Personal Information about you except as we authorize.
Profiling: We may analyze Personal Information we have collected about you to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use Personal Information about you to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Your Rights: Your rights include: (a) a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of Personal Information about you to which you have previously given consent; (b) a right to object to processing of Personal Information about you for the purpose of direct marketing; and (c) a right to have incorrect Personal Information about you corrected or removed.
If you request to have incorrect Personal Information removed, we may retain some of your Personal Information as necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests. Any Personal Information you have shared publicly with others may continue to be publicly visible on the Sites.
You also have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information we have about you, although we reserve the right to charge a fee for this depending on the nature and frequency of your request(s) and our cost to provide the information.
Enforcement and Disputes: We commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your request or have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
In addition to the above, you may complain to your home data protection authority and can invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm