We can help you with…
Service Organization Control Reports
Nothing builds trust in service delivery processes and controls like a report by an independent Certified Public Accountant. We can help you inspire that confidence with Service Organization Controls (SOC) reports (formerly known as SAS 70), whether your organization operates information systems or provides information system services to other entities. Each type of SOC report is designed to help service organizations meet specific user needs.
- SOC 1/ SSAE 16
- SOC 2 / Trust Services
- SOC 2 / Microsoft Data Protection Requirements – Generally Accepted Privacy Principles
- SOC 3 / SysTrust for Service Organizations
- Readiness Assessments
Visit our SOC page for more details.
Getting the right level of support is half the battle here. Our experienced team can assist you or perform compliance procedures for you. Plus, we’ll gladly use your existing SOX software and tools—no pressure to move to another system. You’ll receive best practice recommendations on how to:
- Craft the right size SOX into a sustainable compliance project
- Integrate entity level, business process and IT controls to make the most of key controls
- Maximize external auditor reliance on internal testing to reduce redundancy
- Identify areas of potential misstatement for focused key control design and testing
Need help establishing or improving internal audit functions? Our methodologies, technology, and experienced professionals give you the confidence to deliver a proactive, risk-based function. Here are some of the Perkins team advantages:
- Our team includes experienced internal auditors certified by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- We understand co-sourcing and staff augmentation
- We speak tech as well as finance: from the audit committee to the IT programmers, our team streamlines communication with all levels (and personalities)
- We specialize in internal audits for the high-tech, retail and entrepreneurial business community
- We can reveal the big-picture view of what’s working (or not) in your organization’s IA functions
Our enterprise risk management and internal audit services include:
- Enterprise risk assessment
- Risk management maturity and performance assessment
- Corporate governance assessment and design
- Internal audit start-up and transformation
- Outsourcing and co-sourcing internal audits, including IT audit services
- Institute of Internal Auditors Quality Assessment Reviews (IIA QAR)
You know the dilemma: the same IT automation that streamlines processes and costs can also introduce new vulnerabilities to your business. And the more you grow, the more you need strategic data and process management to protect your customer and company information. We can:
- Identify and reduce IT-related security and privacy risks
- Advise on IT governance
- Suggest ways to minimize business risks
- Evaluate IT processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Design application and data controls
- Help you assess system vendors, choose software, and provide advice during implementation to maximize your likelihood of success.
Our 1:6 ratio means more 1:1.
Our ratio of executive team shareholders to staff is unusually low for a full-service regional firm: 1:6 or lower, depending on the service or industry practice group. It means you get the direct, involved attention of our top talent from day one. They proactively offer you strategy, feedback and ideas all along the way.