Based on many years of extensive, specialized experience, we believe the most effective legacy planning is a little backwards. It starts not with what you have, but what you want. Understanding the business and personal aspects of your goals, needs and decisions comes first with the specialists in our legacy planning practice group. We consider your entire financial landscape and objectives to build an action plan customized to you. So every opportunity we present to enhance and manage your wealth can be a truly rewarding one.
You can always expect us to…
- Be truly involved listeners
- Reply to queries on the same day or within 24 hours
- Look out for your best wealth management opportunities from a tax perspective
- Know the changes in law and trends that may affect you
- Proactively plan strategies that can help you retain your wealth
- Work with your bankers, financial advisors, attorneys and other professionals to provide seamless legacy planning service
- Bring the benefits of our interaction with BDO’s Family Wealth Planning Group
Once we get to know you, we can help you structure:
- Business transition & succession planning
- Business valuation
- Charitable planning
- Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
- Estate planning
- Family LLCs
- Family loans
- Family wealth planning
- Financial and retirement planning
- Funding for college education
- Gift planning
- Investment tracking and allocation
- Philanthropic ways to protect assets
- Qualified Personal Residence Trust (QPRT)
- Retirement planning
- Sale to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust (IDGT)
- Taxation advice
- Trust management
We play well with your significant others.
How many professionals does it take to plan a legacy? Our practice group includes approximately 10 specialists who collaborate with your bankers, family financial advisors, attorneys, and others to bring you the most thorough and appropriate solutions. We take the lead in working with each family member’s strategic business advisors to ensure alignment and efficiency.
For instance, our legacy planning practice group will review trust agreements in conjunction with our clients’ estate planning attorneys and trust officers to ensure compliance with the Oregon Principal and Income Act (OPIA) and the Oregon Uniform Trust Code (OUTC).
And most of our referrals come from professionals in businesses we already work with—we are highly regarded in the local community (blush) by trust officers, estate planning attorneys, investment advisors and insurance providers.