Whether you’re at the helm of a family owned or a large privately–held business, you need a plan for a graceful exit just as much as you needed a plan to get where you are today. Business Transition and Succession planning lets you chart a course for the future with confidence – for you, your family, your employees and your business.
Our experienced team knows the ins and outs of navigating the complexities of business transitions – whether you choose to transfer the business to family members or sell it to a third party – and will help you map out a plan to get you where you want to be. We’ve guided hundreds of business owners and partnered with their advisors to:
- ● Determine and satisfy the owner’s personal financial security requirements
- ● Prepare the heirs, the business and the employees for the transition
- ● Preserve and protect the family’s assets for multiple generations
- ● Maintain and improve family, employee, and other key relationships
If you have more questions than answers and need help getting your bearings, we can show you the way, whatever your way may be.
We can also help you navigate:
- Preparing the company for a third party sale—doing pre-due diligence, positioning the organization, securing key employees and preparing the business to maximize value.
- Preparing to transfer your ownership to insiders—creating a path for the key employee or family member to be able to afford the transaction and do it at the most tax efficient way possible, while reducing risk to you.
- Personal wealth and estate planning—designing a plan to preserve your assets for those who you care the most (charities, family, friends, etc.) while minimizing your tax liabilities.
- Business continuity and contingency planning—updating your plan to reflect your lifetime goals while expecting the unexpected to keep the business running and assuring your affairs are all in order.