We take care of our own. And how?
As a local, independent firm, we have the freedom to offer benefits our people truly value. (And we’re not just talking about Donut Day.) We listen closely and work hard to give our people what they want, from flexible work arrangements and a choice of paid health plans to unforgettable office parties. It’s selfish, really. We are proof that happy employees do better work, which makes our clients happy too. We hope you’ll agree.
Naturally, we work hard to get the numbers right.
- Competitive pay
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plan options with employer match and profit sharing
- Cash incentives for successful CPA exam completion
- Manager bonus program
- Cash incentives for employee referrals
- Cash incentives for business referrals
Vacation, Leave & Holidays
We all need ample opportunity to recharge and take care of life outside the office.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program (number of days determined by level and length of service)
- Eight and a half paid holidays (Yes, the day after the tax deadline should be a national holiday)
- Other paid and unpaid leave for occasions such as jury duty and parental leave
Health & Wellness
Carefully selected offerings to keep you shipshape.
- Three medical insurance plans to choose from, including a high deductible health plan with HSA, with premiums for the employee portion paid by Perkins
- Dental insurance
- Medical, dependent care, parking and transit flexible spending accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance with premiums 100% paid by Perkins
- Short and long-term disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Perkins
- Wellness program
- On-site massage therapist (free massages during busy season)
- On-site yoga during busy season
Backing you with comprehensive training and support.
- Company-paid study materials and related fees for completion of the CPA exam
- Ongoing mentoring from managers and shareholders
- Training in our software and processes
- E-learning options
- Opportunities and support to develop specialized skills
- Off-site training opportunities
- Professional speaking, presenting, and writing opportunities
All the tools and support to make your work easier, more efficient, and flexible.
- Dual 22” monitors
- Personal laptop for work in the field and portable wide-screen monitors
- IT department with in-house help desk
- Virtualized remote access
- Paperless environment
- In-house software experts and training classes
- Cell phone stipend or company phone, depending on level/position
- High speed 10-key (just kidding!)
We rearrange time and space to make your work life, work for you.
- Flex arrival and departure times
- Telecommuting options
- Flexible work arrangements
- In-house shoe polishing and dry cleaning services
- Only one to two weeks of overnight work travel a year, tops. (It’s so infrequent, you might actually look forward to it)
The Stuff That Really Matters
Team up, head-bang, clink glasses, and rock-paper-scissors over that last maple bar.
- Seven company-sponsored social events
- Monthly Donut Day and Dessert Day
- Complimentary beverages such as coffee, tea, juice and soda
- Catered dinners four nights a week during busy season and lunch on the weekends
- Wii tournaments: Guitar Hero and Just Dance competitions
- Company dodgeball, basketball, and Hood to Coast teams
- Wellness competitions